can i have a glass of wine for new years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most people say yes, one glass of wine doesn't hurt. I personally don't drink anything, but my sister who is a midwife's assistant says you can. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Why not just have some sparkling cider?!
    Anonymous

• Remember your baby drinks everything you drink. So do you really want to risk hurting your little one?
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• actually they dont literally drink what you drink. they get the nutrients and vitamins and contents of it. many doctors say a glass is fine. some of the ingredients in it are good for developing brain others will say no. in other countries people have a glass of wine regularly during pregnancy because of this fact. and the babies are fine. i personally think the US bullshits a lot of people.
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:06 - I agree with you. :) I think we are becoming mindless drones.
    Anonymous

• They sent me home from L&D a few weeks back telling me to go have a glass of wine. My Dr said that the hugest reason for it being a no-no is that it is too hard to distinguish an "acceptable glass". My acceptable glass may be a goblet filled to the rim and yours may be just 3oz, so they can never actually say it's okay, kwim? I'm a huge wine drinker and I've had only a sip here and there to wet my whistle. I'd rather wait until I can sit on the couch and relax and have a nice full glass....only a few more days for me- lol!
    meegs23

Answer by meegs23 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would say a glass usually about 4 oz is okay. I wouldn't do more than that. I was pregnant last new year and my neighbors put mine in a tiny dixie cup (they ones they use in the bathroom) and filled it 1/4 of the way. WOOHOO. I wanted a little more. But had to wait until the baby came in June.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• 1 glass, and not a big goblet either, wont hurt. Make it a red wine. It has more antioxidants in it than other wines. :)

I have had 1 full glass of wine since I got pregnant. 1/2 a glass on two seperate occasions. In many countries a glass every now and again isn't frowned upon and their FAS rates aren't higher than here.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• One small glass probably won't do much, but I'd stick with just a few sips.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I had a half a glass of a nice full bodied red with my Christmas prime rib. Yum. Made me sicker than anything tho.

Ladies- by the way, A "glass" of wine is a 5 ounce serving. Most restaurants serve 6-8 ounces, just like they over serve food.

Go ahead and have your taste. And don't feel guilty about it on the 2nd.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008