TMI Does you think this sounds ridiculous??

i have always felt very insecure about the size of my inner labia or lips of my vagina. i was thinking about getting a reduction. my husband has only seen them once when i gave birth because im so self conscious. when i look down i can see them pertrude out way further than the outer lips. i feel they are wierd and i'm disfigured. do many women have this or am i being ridiculous? Should i even consider surgery??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• if he has only seen them once where was he when you got pregnant?
    Anonymous

• no worries, you arent the only one. i too have that issue. i thought about surgery... but i figure its not that big of a deal. yes i do get self conscience about it and i was really embarrassed the first few times my husband saw it, but he doesnt really care what i look like down there, i just wanted to let you know that you arent alone.
    Anonymous

• Me too. At first I was like you then I asked myself it is only me that it bothers my dh doesn't care it does not bother him while we have sex or me. But I guess what you are feeling is like you need to have them trimmed or something...lol I don't like it either but as long as they don't bother you don't worry about it. My dh says leave them alone I love them....Give me some of your bacon...LOL sorry too much info....lol I had to share...lol
    Anonymous

• Ok, first off I just want to say to the person who asked where he was when you got pregnant...a guy doesn't necessarily have to see whats down there, it's not like they get out a flashlight and inspect it or anything.  Anyway, although I don't have that problem I did read about it in a magazine once and from what the article said it is a fairly common thing.  So I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

• Same with me. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• im actually about to look into the surgery to reduce them too. sometimes it makes it uncomfortable while we are having sex, they might even swell after sex from the friction
    Anonymous

• You're either a flat girl or a puffy girl. 50/50. Nothing is wrong with you and some guys actually LIKE puffy girls better. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2009