Am I wrong?

My husband has decided to join the military in the very near future. We have a 14 month old and I'm 38 weeks pregnant with our second. If he gets stationed abroad, I will not be going with him because I want to finish school and I don't want to leave my mother who helps me with my children. We currently have three cats, some fish and two bearded dragons (that are HIS pets) We got into an argument because he wants me to care for his lizards (and everything else) while he is gone for a year or two, and I asked him to find someone else to care for them (there really isn't) I feel living like a single mom and caring for two small kids, three cats and fish all while going to school is going to be allot of work in itself. Am I wrong for not wanting to deal with cleaning lizard poop and breeding crickets? (picking out the dead every other day, feeding not only the bugs but the lizards too)

xxprittykittyxx

Asked by xxprittykittyxx at 11:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• That sounds like a lot of work. I don't think that you are wrong, but he needs to understand that you WILL have a lot on your plate while you are gone. Just keep talking and you may figure something else out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• OOHH gross. Lizard poop. Does he have a friend that can do it?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I dont think so. You have alot on your plate its not wrong to make it a little easier for yourself ; especailly if hes leaving.
    Anonymous

• eww no thanks. and why is he so worried about his animals when he will be missing his children grow, whats more important here. does he have a friend that will take them and care for them or maybe a pet boarding place. trust me with 2 kids and basically being a single mom you will have your hands full
    learae

Answer by learae at 11:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• You'll have your hands full, but many do. He'll be away from the ones he loves. Watching his lizards may not be what you want to do, but perhaps you can consider it a service for the man you love. The dealing with the bugs would gross me out, to be honest. Could you hire a student to take the lizards into their home, perhaps, for the time needed?

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No, your not wrong. But on the other hand there may be some creative solutions. Advertise in the local paper. Ask a family to "foster" these lizards, explain why briefly, pay for upkeep that you would do anyways if you were maintaining them...and then when he gets back then they can come back from their foster home. Just think outside the box - and hope they don't climb out of theirs. Ug! Not personally a fan. But to each their own.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Give it a try, and if it really is too much just put an ad on craigslist and give them away. Tell him they died or something. It's not very fair to put everything on your shoulders... and if those lizards are anything like iguanas, they're not recommended in the same home as small children. Something to do with bacteria they create can make them very sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i think he should either get rid of the pets or take them with him ... you have enough on your plate already
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I would feel pretty crappy if I was your husband honestly. When I got married I chose my husband over my immediate family. Why do you need help taking care of your kids? You can finish school overseas by the way.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Tell him no.... I wouldn't feel crappy ...he isn't gonna be there for like 2 years why would you want to touch a lizard...you can catch diseases ..more so when ur prego from reptiles!

Ohhh people say...like MAGPIE...LOL ohhhhhh i would feel soo bad he is my hubby blah blah i married him and chose him over everyone because i dont understand the meaning of blood is thicker than water,

NOOOO...WRONG....her issues are not your own....

YOU PICKED YUR MAN BUT YOU DIDNT PICK BUGS AND LIZARDS~!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2008