Do you sit down to eat as a family?

We have six kids but we make a very big effort to get us all at the table(s) for dinner every night to encourage the "family unit." How do you eat dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mostly yes, we do. Sometimes I let the kids eat in the living room, but 80% of the time when we are all here, we are seated around the table at dinner. That's always been very important to me.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Always together! not one person in front of the Tv this one on the computer etcc.....
    Anonymous

• I have five kids and we do always eat together. I think that it will be more challenging in a few years when the kids are a little older and all active in activities.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 11:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We sit down together. Most nights, the TV is off too. It's only 15-20 minutes out of our day. I think it sets a good routine for the kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We sit down and eat dinner as a family.
    We *are* the traditional family, no doubt!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My dh and I love to do this only his down fall he likes to have the televsion on to catch up on stuff on the news. I don't mind the background noise because I can be very hungry....lol
    Anonymous

• Well dh works 230-11, but dd and I eat dinner together. The only solids she gets is at dinner time. So we always eat together.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We try to ...weekends are tough.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We always sit down as a family for dinner unless my husband and I are having a "date night" at home.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 11:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• What do you guys do for "date night" at home? I'm curious, my DH and I are trying to rekindle and curious, maybe it would help....
    Anonymous