Energy drinks while breastfeeding ?

Are energy drinks alright while breastfeeding ? If so, which ones would you recomend ? I really need some get up and go! Or if you have any other energy ideas that would be great too! Thanks !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• I think it would be fine as long as you limit it to one a day. I drank coffee when I was pregnant and while I was breastfeeding... I noticed a slight increase in activity for a few mins but no harm was done.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 11:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I use to loveRed Bulls, but I stopped drinking them when I got pregnant. My baby is 5 months and I am too scared to drink energy drinks since I am breastfeeding, but I will drink a little coffee. I've heard some people say that it's bad to drink them because of all the chemicals in them.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 11:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Too many chemicals, caffine is just one of many.don't risk it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I agree with bearsjen----you can hype a child up on that through breast milk. I would not drink those nor would I drink any artificial sweeteners.

Anonymous

• Drink some tea. Too many chemicals.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2008