Some advice please....

I am 38 weeks pregnant and this is my first baby and I still have not gone into labor. I am pretty frustrated right now because I just want him to come out already. My doctor put me on strict bed rest because my baby's abdomen is 4 weeks behind, do you guys think if I asked to be induced he would allow the induction? I just really need some advice on how to deal with being on bed rest until he decided to pop out....it really is frustrating especially because instead of gaining weight I have been losing weight and my baby's abdomens size has not changd, so I feel that it would be better for him to come out so he can grow. Any advice would be great and appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it would be better if you let your baby come out when he or she is ready to come out. GL
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No your doc will not induce u, u arfe still 2 weeks early. Besides the baby needs time to catch up inside the womb. It is not uncommon to lose a coupl lbs right before labor. I was on bedrest for 4 months so 2 weeks will fly by. Just take advantage and sleep because u will wish u could when baby comes.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• You're not due for another 2 weeks. Your baby isn't ready to come out yet especially with the baby's abdomen being behind. It's hard to be patient sometimes but it really is best for your baby. Listen to your doc, he knows what he's talking about
    Anonymous

• he probably put you on bed rest so you DONT go into labor. because the baby still needs to grow. i always wonder why people get so frustrated at the end of their pregnancy as if they never knew pregnancy is 40 weeks long.
    Anonymous

• He will probably not induce you. Bedrest is a pain, I know. Just keep lots of different things to do, crosswords, books, tv, video games, Cellphone to text and laptop to do stuff. If you can afford it sign up for an online class to give you something really productive to do.
    It really does end sooner than you think.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Your baby is probably safest inside you, which I know is NOT the thing to say to a woman who's full term. Try to think about your baby's health, even though I know you must be REALLY uncomfortable. I seriously doubt they would induce you. They have you on bed rest because they want you to stay pregnant for now, for the sake of your baby.
    Do you knit or anything? Any reading to catch up? I'm sure you've done tons of reading and watching TV. Try catching up on the phone calls you'll end up falling behind on once the baby comes.
    Good luck, and hang in there!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would think your doctor would know best. He wouldn't be your doctor if you didn't trust him, at least I hope not. So i would just put your trust into him and let him do what he thinks is best. I would def. voice your opinion to him ...that can't hurt. and your little one will come one he is ready! gluck xoxoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The only way he'll induce you is if you're past your due date (40-42 weeks pregnant) Your baby is still developing and since his abdomen is under-developed, you need to be patient and let your baby grow strong inside of you. I was on bed rest in my first pregnancy, had complications, pains, etc...it was awful...so, I understand. I hope you and your baby will be fine. Good luck and Congrats!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008