so it had me thinking... possibly TMI

when i got checked to see if i was dilated she said the baby is head down.. got my thinking.

the next time my SO fingers me, can he feel the babies head (like the nurse could)? and if yes does that mean his penis feels her head too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol good question. I think they feel it but obviously they have no clue what they are feeling poking them, plus it is thru the uterus/cervix. those things only open a lil before labor and if so is stickin his fingers in there tell him to stop going so deep.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• (Im 38 weeks) I thought about the same thing so I had to feel for myself and the result is... YES I'm sure he could feel the babies head, though he may not notice a difference unless you told pointed it out.
    Anonymous

• well i told him this too lol and hes like well its no different than my penis...

i guess he doesnt care. either do i, i know it wont hurt her, but it is strange lol
    Anonymous

• you would have to be slightly dilated and thin as well as head down to feel the head. Other wise the cervix is all he would feel. Now if your dilated to at least 1 and 50% thin and he really dug around and stuck his finger in the opening ..yes he could feel the head through the bag of water. I will tell you when I was 1-2cm dilated,started thinning, and at station -1 (baby "dropped" ) yes I could feel the head and I only did it once just to see if i could feel the head and it freaked me out.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• oh r u a nurse or doctor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2008