Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to go back to school.... What do I need?

I have no clue really where to start.

Answer Question

Asked by ZachsMom325 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 24, 2011 in

Level 18 (5,455 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Research the college you want to go to. Call them and they will tell you what exactly you need. At our community college you have to take a couple tests to see where you are academically. You then fill out a FAFSA if you need a pell grant or student loans. The school should give you their info to put in so the money goes to the right place.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • WilI I need my high school transcript too?

    Where do I get it?

    Comment by ZachsMom325 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • You request your high school send a transcript directly to the college.

    Answer by SWasson at 10:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • My High school is closed

    Comment by ZachsMom325 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • The school district will have all copies of records. Go to the admissions office of the college & they will walk you through it.

    Answer by Verrine at 10:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • you can call the admin of the school district they should have copies

    Answer by Momamyamy at 10:39 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • get your highschool transcripts, and then go to your local community college advisment office and they will help you. You will need to apply, register, and then apply for financial aid at the financial aid office.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • You should be able to get your transcripts from the district your school was in....

    Answer by OneToughMami at 2:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • thanks everyone

    Comment by ZachsMom325 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

  • Contact an adviser at the school you want to attend, apply for school, fill out the FAFSA on line, register. The advisor will walk you through the process. Seeing your school is closed, you will have to contact the school district and ask them to send your transcript to the college. Also, depending on your age, you may not even need the transcript, it depends on the college though.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in
Lunch ideas

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
Hamburger helper meals