Maybe I didn't react nicely but now she is saying crap about me on facebook...... Need advise

I have a friend, she asked me to help her get some school supplies for her kids (9 and 15) because she has a hard time afforing them. We are doing pretty good right now so I decided to help, she emailed me a list. So I went and picked up her 9 yo and took him to the store with me, I went to dollar tree and target. I spent about $140 all together. ( I went a little overboard, because I love to go school supply shopping, but my DDs are 3 and 4mo so I was excited).
Anyways, when I got back she wasnt home yet so I started unloading and she came while I was unloading. She unloaded tons of bags of stuff, she and her DD had their nails and toes done. And it kinda urked me then, that she had the money for the two of them to get their nails done, but I got their school supplies. We all brought the bags inside and she starts unloading all her bags. She pulled 3 shoe boxes for her DD and asked me to go give them to her, I took them and as I was walking to her her room I looked at the tags two pairs were $69.99 and one was 109.99.
When I got back, I said " those are some expensive shoes." she says " Yeah, I cant let her go to school in just anything, I also got her a Coach purse on Craigslist for $100, good deal" She kept pulling out all these expensive clothes for the kids, and bragging how good they are going to look in all their brand name stuff.
I was so pissed, I grabbed all the bags that I brought, put them in the car, she flipped out, I told her " If you can afford a Coach purse for your DD for school, then you can afford the supplies." and left
Now she is talking all this crap about me on facebook, dont know how to handle it, I need advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2011 in

• Wow.. I would be furious!

I, personally, would just block her from facebook. Don't let her know she's getting to you..that's what she wants.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• IMHO- that was a $140 lesson in what kind of friend she is...
    May be time to end or at least severely limit the relationship.

$100 purse?! wow, just wow!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't do anything. She will never understand. Some people are just users and only want to spend money one wants and not on needs. Maybe you could send her an email and explain why you felt taken advantage of. I think this friendship is over she obviously has growing up to do.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• you did the right thing. sounds like she wanted to go on a shopping spree for her and her daughter and what did the son get? don't even stoop to her level and reply to her FB antics. She's trying to bait you into a public forum to make you look bad when she should have valued your friendship and what you were trying to do to help them.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• Just remove the scum bag from your site, and ignore her, do not stoop to her level, that is one woman who has no idea what friends are.....................

Answer by older at 12:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I would block her permanently from facebook and would no longer consider her a friend in anyway.
    Moondancyr

Answer by Moondancyr at 12:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I agree just block her on FB. She really has her priorities messed up. I wish I would have had a Coach purse when I went to school!
    candyk12

Answer by candyk12 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• Oh jeesh! You did a nice thing and that happened! Sorry. If you can, I would donate the supplies to people that really are having a hard time and can't afford $109 shoes.
    Jansan24

Answer by Jansan24 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• @Lydybugkisses76- she got her son lots of stuff too, espesive shoes, ecko shirts and pants, some south pole some sean john. I know brand and how much the cost, even on sale. She spend a lot, she shopped and Foot Locker, Macy's, JCPenney, GenX, Burlington, Dillard's, American Eagle, Express. And none of those are chear stores.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I agree, delete her on FB and don't stoop to her level.FB is drama anyway. Wow..what an awful friend! I would also call her up and get things off your chest. Just tell it like it is and tell her how you felt. If she has no clue as to what you mean...I guess she was never a good friend to begin with! I''m sorry, that just really sucks! How rude of her!!
    kmombear

Answer by kmombear at 1:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2011