• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone have hyperthyoidism and trying to get pregnant???

NENALLSMOM01

Asked by NENALLSMOM01 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i doubt this will help you actually but i have hypothyroidism, and i am 6 months pregnant, i know there a little different with mine i have to little hormones and you im guessing has to many?? but maybe i can help you there both a little simiular.
    Mommytobe403

Answer by Mommytobe403 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I had an overactive thyroid, but when ttc my doctor told me the meds used to suppress thyroid function were not safe to take during pregnancy. I had radioactive iodine treatment to basically kill the thyroid. I had to wait a while for the radiation to decrease and also to get my thyroid medication adjusted properly before ttc. There are other options, but due to my age I opted for the quickest fix. Also, if your thyroid is not extremely overactive, your doctor might suggest something less drastic. I really encourage you to talk to your thyroid doctor and let him/her know you are ttc. Hyperthyroidism can cause pregnancy complications, miscarriage, or fertility problems; getting it under control can make a world of difference. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008