After you lose your mucus plug do you go into labor?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• can be that day or could be weeks. it's not a real accurate time measure. I lost mine at about 20-21 weeks, my daughter was born at 36 weeks. I was on very limited activity after that though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Eventually, but there is no real set time frame. It could be hours, days, or longer. It is a sign of impending labor, but no one is really sure. I was dilated to 3 cm for almost a month before I had all 3 of my children. With my first I was worried she'd just suddenly fall out (LOL). You will know when real labor begins, I promise.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Im 38 weeks and I lost most of mine over the past few days.... I've been having contractions randomly but no labor just yet. There really is no telling when labor will begin, though I really wish there was!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 1:11 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I'm also 38weeks I hope it's close I'm excited to see my precious Lil one.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I started losing mine around 36 wks, and here I am 38 now, with no baby yet...
    :-(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2008