Due date question.... (US EDD)

I go to a group of midwives and they gave me this little piece of paper that I have to carry with me that is a record of my weight + blood pressure, etc. for each visit I've made to them. According to this paper, I have TWO due dates. The due date they told me (EDD) is January 15th. The 2nd date (US EDD) is January 10th. It appears as if they are going by the 2nd date. I'm a little confused, does anyone know what US EDD means?

xxprittykittyxx

Asked by xxprittykittyxx at 1:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's your estimated due date according to the ultrasound. They go by it since it has baby's measurements.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• estimated date of delivery. like the u s postal service! they start by basing the date as 40 weeks from the first day of your last period, and then based on the size of the baby, in utero, may alter the date. they probably measure your belly each time you go in. a fetus size on an untrasound also alters the EDD. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 1:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2008