Sending my daughter off to college...

I am so excited for her and of course I want her to go to college, but I am also so sad! Any advice???

cheapsally

Asked by cheapsally at 2:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2011 in

• AWWW... i remember So Clearly when my daughter moved 800 miles away to go to collage! it was hard for the first few months but, i was so proud & excited for her- it is a Bittersweet moment.. we put every piece of effort we have in us to Guide them & give them the tools to be Happy & Successful- & then they Take Off with those Wings! LOL:) be proud of yourself for helping your Little Lady Fly- you will have a Whole New Relationship & she will need you more than you think- my daughter has graduated now but, still lives 800 miles away- she continues to call me faithfully, everyday after work & we see each other often- lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• Aww, be proud that you've raised an independent young woman, ready to face college! Congrats, mama!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• We are many years away from this but I wanted to send you some (((hugs))).
    mama_dearie

Answer by mama_dearie at 8:01 AM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Sending you big hugs...My daughter has went on to college too this year for the first time...We will get thru this, even if it is thru one tissue at a time...
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 12:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2011

• Hugs to you mama. My son is a Junior, so this moment isn't too far off for me. I'm hoping it goes smoothly, with as few tears as possible.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• She may be gone now but they always come back.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• Adopt an animal from the shelter...or volunteer somewhere.
    donegal11

Answer by donegal11 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 29, 2011