I am 33 weeks pregnant and was in thick smoke all day. I am really sick now... what do you think?

I had to celebrate Christmas at my parents house today. I hate going there. TONS of smoke and no ventilation. There were 10 smokers in a small house and 8 of them chain smoke. The smoke is so thick that it looks foggy in the house.

Now, after a super long shower, tylenol for my headache, and benedryl for sinuses. I have a severe sore throat, my eyes burn, I feel nauseated, I still have a pounding headache, and my skin 0n my face burns. No fever.

Can I blame the smoke or do you think I could actually be sick?

What have your experiences taught you?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I smoked for several years but stopped when I became pregnant. The smell of ciggerettes became so disgusting to me it made me nauseous. I think you'll be fine, but if you arent feeling better in 24 hours see a doctor.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 2:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Hello' Pls try a good bed rest,and wash your face with warm water it will help you a lot...and By the way..ask someone to make you a fresh juice if you have them around..Dont put any ice on it if its cold enough..Dont take any medicine if you can handle it..lots of fluid is good for you...When i was in my pregnancy..i avoid crowd even when just one smoker around me..its unhealthy for you and for your baby...Never mind the party!

Janice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Eat some garlic
    Drink some of this: http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Bolthouse-Farms-Green-Goodness-Fruit-Juice-Blend/000059414
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008