Preschool ages??

How old were your children when they went to preschool???

marigrimes

Asked by marigrimes at 2:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• My girls were 4, my son will be 5.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My oldest just before he turned 3 and my second at 2 1/2.

However, they have challenges...and it was better for them to start preschool part time.

My oldest is now 4 and attends five days a week for 2 1/2 hours. My second son is now 3 and he will continue at 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours.

Next school year we may be starting our third son...it depends on how things go with him. He will be almost 3. (and will attend part time)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• In our area they can start at the private Lutheran school at age 3 or 4 & it's 3 days a week for 1/2 a day.. At the public schools they have to be 4 and it's 4 days a week for 1/2 a day. I think I'll send mine when he's 4 to the private school.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Our preschool doesn't take kids until they are 3 and potty-trained.

My oldest was 4 when he went. He was still not socially ready for kindergarten and so he turned 5 the July after his first year and we sent him to another year of preschool before he started kindergarten.

Now my daughter is 4 (5 next month) and is on preschool and will go to kindergarten next year.

My youngest son will be 4 this July and he'll go to 1 year of preschool and kindergarten the next year (in other words... he's 1 grade behind my daughter ;-)).

Their school is 3 days a week for 2.5 hours a morning.

SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My oldest was 4 (4 when she graduated, too--she's a summer baby).
    My son never went. We couldn't afford it and didn't qualify for Head Start so he started school in kindergarten.
    My middle daughter started in January. She was 5. She's in kindergarten now.
    My youngest daughter is going to be 3 in April and I wasn't going to send her until she was 4 but now I think she'll go in the fall at 3 1/2 because she really wants to go to school like her brother and sisters. It's just 2 days a week for 1 1/2 hours each day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Both boys were 3...but by the time they were 4 they were into their 2nd year of preschool and were bored out of their minds! They already knew all the things they were teaching.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Our preschool requires the child to be 3 and potty trained. Dd was 3 in July and potty trained so she started the new school year in August going twice a week in the mornings. When they turn 4 they can go either three times a week or every day of the week. But different preschools have different requirements, and different curriculums.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2008