Am I the only one that has this issue while pregnant? Remember the commercial "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!"

33 weeks preggo + big belly= Can't get out of the bathtub by myself at times.

Doctor has me taking baths only because of syncope (dizziness) well a couple of times int he past few weeks I could not get up and out of the tub by myself. This really makes me feel scared because I cannot do everything on my own right now.

Can you/could you always get up on your own?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Im 38 weeks and sometimes I need a push to get out of the bed or off the couch if Im laying down. I have a handle in my bathtub that I use to help me out, otherwise Id probably need help with that too!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 2:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• im 33 weeks too and sometimes i cant get out of the bath either or the bed... or walk or move around in bed. :( nothing has helped yet.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• can you not even move?? is that what oyu mean.. like even if you try its so paiful and aches that you just cannot move your body?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• naaa, not painful, just can't get my body to bend in the ways that I need it to, to crawl out of the tub.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• oh... mine are so painful i literally cant move my legs even if i try... is that weird? lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I was diagnosed with hypotension syncope about a month before I conceived. I know it is a scary feeling. I was driving a semi and I cant do that anymore either. Now that im about 4 months it seems to be getting worse...so at the period your at I can imagine how bad it is. But the OB did tell me when you get to about the 8th month it should actually get better. But be very careful. When going to get up just do it slowly and if you feel faint...just slowly lower yourself back down for a minute until it goes away....
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 5:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2008