Naked Outside

How old is too old to let your kids go naked outside? My 5 yr old DD has been naked most of the summer and loving it. I really don't see a problem with it at this age but I'm wondering when she needs to be cutoff? Or should I just let her as long as she's comfortable with it? We do live in a neighborhood but the neighbor's I have checked with have no concerns with it at all, and many have younger kids who still enjoy naked time too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do you mean completely naked?
    We live in a rural area and my son use to wear just a tshirt outside in the summer, but it was long enough to cover his lower half and he did this while he was potty training.

Around 6 or 7 he stopped doing it on his own.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• Im sure the peeping tom loves it.. ur an idiot. NO CHILD AT ANY AGE NEEDS TO BE RUNNING AROUND NAKED.. hey did you know neighbors do have OTHER people come over.. wow you must be so ignorant to the fact that its the PARENTS responsibility to make sure the kid stays safe and YOU ARE FAILING TO DO SO.. A person can take pictures of that child and put them on the net. look at them for them self. wow i cant believe some of the mothers on here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I would never let my five year run naked outside! I think that is wayyy to old. Boys and girls need to be taught boundaries and that their bodies are a private thing. I wouldnt want my neighbors to see my kids naked either. I think its an issue of protection, I wouldnt feel like I was protecting my kids if they were outside naked.
    albionel

Answer by albionel at 7:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I can honestly say that out of my 4 kids, not a one of them ran around naked outside at ANY time in their lives. But, even if they were inclined to do so, they certainly wouldn't have been doing it at 5 yrs old! 2 would be the oldest at a stretch.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I would never do that.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• 5 is too old. Anywhere beyond potty trained is to old. And even then only in your back yard if it is private. I really really hope you do not have a perverted neighbor with pics of your DD hind end... or worse.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• Completely naked with neighbors that will see your child, to me, is not acceptable. I don't care the age. Even with wearing panties, I wouldn't feel appropriate. Maybe throw a larger t-shirt on her with panties on and that would be more appropriate.

We live in the country, are surrounded by woods, and no one can see our house from the road. Our driveway is so that we will know well ahead of time if anyone would be coming to our house. So yeah, my 5yo DD will sometimes run outside after her bath before she gets clothes on, but again...NO ONE can see her, so....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• My kids never ran around totally naked. Maybe a diaper and a t shirt. But never naked. there is no age to be running around naked out side. Maybe just a diaper at 2 and under. Or maybe a bathing suit.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• My brothers used to at that age BUT they lived in a house with an 9 foot cement privacy wall around the entire yard so NOBODY could see them. In your situation I would never allow my child male or female to do that, no matter the age.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• At 5? Hell no. I live in the country too and do not allow my kids to run around naked outside at that age. I in fact cannot remember a time I EVER allowed them to. There are way too many pervs in the world. We did allow naked time inside until they were around 3, maybe 4 at most. I teach my children modesty and what is respectable and what is not.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2011