Breech at 37 weeks :/

I had my routine OB appt today and found out my daughter is breech :/ the doctor said baby is way down in my pelvis, but it is not her head. They are going to do an ultrasound on friday morning to confirm her actual position. I asked her about trying to turn her or "coax" her to turn to head down and she told me to go swimming or get on all fours, put my butt up in the hair, and put my arms to the ground for 15 minutes at a time. She didn't say anything else. If she doesn't turn (which I'm not sure she will) what should I expect?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There are several safe exercises and things you can do.
    Be sure you have a care provider that will be helpful in offering info and advice~ as well as birthing options.
    Spinningbabies is a website with a lot of great info!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• You still have time for it to fix.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2011

• There's plenty of time for baby to turn. A friend of mine's baby was breech, at 37 weeks they attmepted an external version - where they manually try to turn the baby - but it didn't work. They scheduled her for a c-section at 39 weeks. She went in that morning, they did their routine ultrasound to see where baby was, and he had turned and was head down! She went home, and he stayed head down & came on his own 2 weeks later. She didn't do anything either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2011