Does dreams hold meanings?

Do you think your dreams hold meanings and would you consult someone about your dreams? Does this go against Christian beliefs? I dreamed a huge snake as trying to come in my house and I had a huge butcher life throwing it at it trying to kill him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Christian, and I have never heard that consulting someone on a dream is against any belief. Dreams are sometimes our subconscious expressing fear, anger, suppressed emotions. From your dream, I take it you are getting visitors in the near future that you are dreading, or had visitors that were bothersome recently?

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

I cannot deny that dreams can be prophetic, but normally it is nothing but some bad pizza. If your dream would mean something you would know. If you want to know if it does pray. God reveals.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Your dream means.. (according to a dream dictionary) that you have a hidden fear or worry that is being threatened, mostly some security or basic needs in your life. The fact that you are trying to kill the snake means that your body also wants you to overcome whatever that fear or worry is. It's not unchristian to have dreams or question them. Dreams are a way for your mind to tell you what your body needs or wants and you are getting in your conscious state. when you have a dream... write it down and find out its meaning... either you can e-mail me and I can help or here is a website. www.dreammoods.com
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I believe that GOd can communicate to us through dreams just look at Joseph. He was called a dreamer and the dreams that he had come to pass, and the dreams that he interpreted came to pass. also the verses that talk about the last days where "young men shall dream, dreams..." But i do think that some dreams that we have might not be from God neccesarily. So i think that if there is a dream that really stands out in our minds we need to start praying about it and seeking God and asking Him about it, Ask Him if he is trying to tell us something in this.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 3:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think our dreams do hold messages many times, especially if you have the same dream mulitple times. Sometimes, too, it's just your mind's way of working through the day to day stuff we deal with. I think it's a great idea to get a good dream book to have to look up. I also ALWAYS recommend asking God to help you decipher the dreams and to keep a journal near your bed so you can write down your thoughts when you wake up.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• They do hold meaning. I keep a dream dictionary on hand so I can interpret them myself. So I've never consulted anyone on them. I don't know (or care for that matter) if it goes against christian beliefs. I can't see why as God used Daniel to help the king interpret his dream. Of cours from the king's POV it was Daniel doing all the explaining. Anyways, dreams are our subconscious mind speaking to the conscious mind. Fears, anxiety, or whatever comes thru as images so you look at what's happening in your life now that might cause these images.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Have you been neglecting your basic needs, such as those relating to sex, nutrition, body, or a happy environment?? A snake can represent many different things, but usually the life process. In the destructive aspect the snake represent poisonous thoughts and emotions that destroy us and this snake tends to be depicted as attacking us. It can also be blind,impulsive urges, such as our instinctive drives. Your home is either representative of yourself or your basic needs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Thank you ladies, I have been neglecting myself for the greater good of my family. the ecinimy has been tight I have jsut been trying to maintain for the children and DH, I think its taking its toll. Its getting close to the anniversary of my daughters death and I am still dealing with the guilt of not being able to save her. I have been praying to god to help me work through this tiem and I am going to purchase a journal today.
    Anonymous

• Read what the bible calls a snake.......
    Anonymous

• What does the bible call a snake? If you have input please just state it thanks.
    Anonymous