Has anyone everyhad these type of blood pressure spikes.

I'm 37 weeks and 6 days. I was taken off work a week ago because of blood pressure issues. When I stay in bed my BP is normal to slightly elevated but when I'm up they spike. Last night I called the hospital because it was 160/100 just from walking to the kitchen. I went in my initial BP was 179/103 at the hosp. then as I rested it came down to 120's / 80's. So back home on bedrest and a 24 hour urine. I see my Dr. on Monday. Has anyone had this. I'm no wanting to be induced, but for the the sake of a healthy baby I wouldn't blink an eye.

Amber5903

Asked by Amber5903 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Never had it that high, just take it easy. definitely stay in bed and let your hubby take care of you. I hope you'll be okay and hopefully you'll go to 40 weeks and not have to be induced sooner. good luck.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I went through something very similar. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and HELP syndrome. My BP was fluctuating for about a week and then began to climb steadily.  I was put in the hospital for a week on a magnesium sulfate drip to prevent seizures.  Definitely not pleasant, but not too horrible. I was induced at 36 weeks and everything was fine. Baby and I went home 2 days after delivery.

Feel free to PM is you have  any other questions.  It is really scary, but it's not uncommon so they know exactly how to handle it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Mine was around that high when i was about 36-37 weeks ...it vanished though. Just keep rested... Im sure their going to talk about inducing you Monday, when you see the doc...so be prepared! it could be this upcoming week ? if your just walking for a short time and getting that high! their going to worrie,! i hope and pray for the best ....good luck!

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yeah, I'm going through the same thing, actually. They've been monitoring me twice a week because of it, and I have to stay on bedrest until I have the baby. I'm 38 wks also. They probably will induce us both. In my case, I have a lot of swelling with it and I'm at risk for pre-e. But hopefully everything goes alright!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2008