Why do some people hate their parents so much??

Yes my parents were not perfect by far and we got disciplined when needed but we still respected them and love them just the same. I would never ever say anything bad about my parents--I feel they raised us the way they knew best. I just don't understand why people say they hate their parents and wish they were dead.

I have lost both my parents and would give anything to have them back. I say cherish the time you have with them and put the petty things behind you; but that is just me.

Please don't bash me or leave negative remarks for my posting this please.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Some people are too stubborn to forgive.. & some really do have the right to hate them. If they were abused, molested, etc. then yes, I can see why they hate them. But sometimes things like that happen to children & they love their parents more..

I'm thankful to still have my mother & no, she wasn't perfect, but I could NEVER hate her!♥

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I hate my dad...and with good reason too.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Some people try to be good parents. Others, it would be a lot better if they'd never had kids. After 40 years, my father is finally trying to have a relationship with me. I don't hate him, but it wouldn't change my life if he died today. I know that is sad, but it is what he chose.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 7:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I don't hate mine although I could find a few reasons to feel that way toward my bio dad. I dont hate him though. My mom has always been a great mother and she still is. My bio dad was not around and even when he was, he wasn't. I have sometimes asked myself that same question when I heard people talk bad about their parents. The realization that I have come to is that, you never know what someone has really gone through while they were growing up. They may have valid reasons to feel the way that they feel. Its hard to cherish a person that treated you like shit or just wasn't there for you.

Onli1Me46

Answer by Onli1Me46 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Because sometimes parents do awful things to their kids. I grew up with a mother that repeatedly told me she wished she had an abortion. I don't hate her nor do I wish her dead but to say that I have a great or even good relationship with her would be inaccurate. I've had to live with hearing those words and I'm not going to lie and say it didn't have an effect on how I feel about myself.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I dont hate mine. I never met my biodad because of my mom and her own homophobic issues. I dont hate my mom but I realize she is mentally unwell and toxic.

Answer by gemgem at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I don't wish mine to be dead. However, the reason I hate my mother is because while my step-father was molesting me through my teen years, she simply turned a blind eye by working all the time. When the psychiatrist told her what was happening, all sessions ended and she threatened to sue him for slander and false accusations. Yep, she still lives with the perverted jerk. And, I have cast her/them from my life. They will both pay for their sins come Judgement Day.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Some hate them because they were abused (physical, emotional, sexual) and neglected.

I didn't speak to mine for a long time because they called CPS on us over a CAR! The claim was made that we were neglecting him medically ... we had a 3-inch thick medical file to prove them wrong. Not only did it piss us off, it hurt us too. We eventually worked it out but that betrayal is still there.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I dont understand it either. If there is no good reason to hate them then why hate? I dont hate my mom but I dont much like her. She never abused me or anything like that. Our personalities just clash, badly. We dont share the same morals or beliefs and its hard to connect or like a person that different from you.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 11:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• because it's easier to blame your parents for all your problems than it is to blame yourself & take responsibility.

My sister does this all the time....all her problems she blames on our parents. It's their fault for every mistake she makes because of how they raised her. Pathetic if you ask me...

BUT, in some instances...i think people have a right not to like their parents if they were genuine assholes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2011