What is a good way to find work in another state?

I would like to see I can find a job out of state in Arizona or Las Vegas NV. What are the best resources for finding and interviewing for jobs. Also how can you find out if the salary will be enough to live on. I live in Michigan now and know how much I need to survive but not sure how to know how much I would need out there.

Also things like CNA licenses do they transfer to other states?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would look up the location you are moving to... and then depending on what kind of job you are looking for... you can aplly to a lot of places online. You would just have to go to the site and put in the state and city and then apply... but usually online applications are for places like Target Kohls Walmart Army Bases... so I'm sure it depends on what kind of job you are looking for. I think you can also get papers sent to your house from the area you want to move to... or call the City Hall and see if they have a Job Center you can call. A lot of places will do over the phone interviews for people who are moving from out of state.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Each state has a Department of Labor and will have a website where you can look at various areas of the state and the jobs available. For most states you can put your resume online and apply for jobs from the website. This website will link you to each state's Department of Labor. http://www.dol.gov/dol/location.htm As far as your CNA, some states require more training than others. You will have to contact that states licensing board and ask if they have reciprocity for Michigan.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• try craigslist, they have posts for anything you are looking for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Online = )
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Once upon a time we relocated from FL to CO. We needed to find jobs because the company we worked for did not have locations in CO. We looked up the employment ads on the computer and sent out resumes (in the mail). My husband had a company call him and he had a phone interview and then the man called him back and told him to come in when we got there. He was hired on the spot (when we got there). Then I got a job, but eventually went over to his company.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008