mortgage

ok,,,,i have the 15th to pay my mortgage,,,,,,,,,,after that there is a late charge...next month i cant pay it til the 19th ,,,,ill pay the late charge, but will it go against me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• They will usually give you a break the first time. But once it starts becoming continuous, it will go on your credit reports as late.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• sometimes it gets there late,,,do to mial.,,gosh i hope im not in trouble!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Generally if you call and talk to whoever, and explain that your payment will be 4 days late, you are not penalized. Try calling and asking.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• it will not go on your credit report until you are a full 30 days late so if you pay on the 19th you are just charged the late charge.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If this is just a bump you are going through then you need to call the mortgage company NOW! Tell them what's happening...they will appreciate you being upfront and honest and taking responsibility. I had to do that for our December payment because they cut production at hubby's plant. But I called in the 3rd week of November and let them know ahead of time. I told them I couldn't give them an exact date, but it would be before the end of the month and they said as long as I keep them up to date with what's going on then I would be fine. We finally made the payment last week. They were very understanding...but this is the first time in 6yrs we've been late so that may be why.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008