Name your baby something someone you know named theirs?

So my b/f and I had picked out a girl and a boy name when I was preg... well it was a girl. So we decided when we have another if its a boy itd get the name we had picked the first time around. But now a girl I know is naming her baby boy that! I'm bummed. I really liked that name. :( Who knows those maybe this time around I won't have aboy either. I'm still bummed though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my best friend was going to name her baby the same name we picked if our son would have been a girl. and now im pregnant and at first i was like ugh. but then decided i wasnt crazy about the name anymore anyway, oh well... then she changed her mind and named her something else.
    and hubby and i found a name yesterday we both like and its completly different.lol
    but i would say just name the baby what you want to, who cares if they have the same name.
    Anonymous

• yeah, whoever is pregnant first has dibbs on the name. but, whenever you do get pregnant with a boy, why not...you can name your son the same first name...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Name the kid what you want. Who cares if someone has the same name or not. I went thu life with a bad middle name because my cousin got the middle name my mom wanted to name me. SUCKS. Just do what you want and screw them if they get mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Who cares. You're always going to know someone with the same name as you or someone else. If you like the name, then name your baby that. No one has copyrights on names.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If it is just someone you know as in an acquaintance and not a close friend, I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't name my son the same name as one of my sisters sons, etc... but other than that, there are more people in this world than names. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• There isn't a copyright on baby names. Name your kid what you want.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• You should name your baby want you want. If or when I have a boy I considered naming my son Michael Andrew which is my husbands middle name. My mother about had a fit because my brothers name is Michael. I don't know why is it a big deal my brother has his daughters middle name Amber which is my first name. I took it as a great complement.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 12:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• name your baby what you want. It does not matter.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Laughing because I have a story... When I was born, waaaay back in '69, my parents named me after dad's mother (Laura), but spelled it Lara. My dad's sister's husband's nephew had a daughter named Laura, and the way mom tells it, they got mad and changed her name completely! She was 17 months older than me and I've never even met her!!! Crazy stuff...
    franknbellesmom

Answer by franknbellesmom at 12:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• my husbands family tradition is to use the fathers first name as the baby's middle name if its a boy for instance my husbands dads first name is joseph and my husbands middle name is joseph if we were to have a boy it would be Dylan Peter ( peter is my husbands first name)

I would use the name you want if people get mad oh well its your decision not theirs and besides they can NOT tell you what to name your kids
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2008