help!!

Can soy milk cause a baby to be fussy? I am a new mother and have no idea why my baby is fussing all day long!! Shes almost 2months and just the last two days shes fussing. I switched to a generic formula its the same thing just cheaper. Shes eating well so I really dont think thats it. Could she be teething? I guess babies just fuss for no reason at times?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could be teething or she could just be gassy.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Well, first of all, she shouldn't be on any kind of milk other than breastmilk. Other than that she should be on formula..no milk at her age.

It could be just about anything. She could be going through a growth spurt and need a little more food, she could be gassy, she could be getting ready to learn a new skill (my boys were pretty fussy when they were), it could be the generic formula, too. It takes about a week to make a complete switch in their systems. Generic is not exactly like name brand. Nothing wrong with it, but more often than not, there are different amounts or ingredients used for fillers. It's never exactly the same.

Than again...as you mentioned...sometimes babies will fuss for no apparent reason...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It might be the change in her formula.... maybe upsetting her tummy. Or, what is the reason she is on the soy? Milk allergy?? Or something else. A lot of children that have problems with milk based formula also have trouble with soy.
    Or maybe she is sick?? Any symptoms other than being fussy?
    Or she just might be fussy! I would go on your gut if you think something is wrong
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• The formula change is most likely...once you find one, stick with it. It may also be teeth.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• ok TiccledBlue she is on soy formula. wow pretty dumb! The doctor switched her on soy.
    Anonymous