How long did you bleed for after having a baby?

I was just wondering. Also I had my baby 3 weeks and 2 days ago and I haven't bled in almost 4 days, but I don't want to take the pad off yet because I haven't really bled throughout having the baby all I did was spot, but if I do a lot I will make myself bleed. How long should I wait before trying to take the pad off? Cause I mean I spot, but if I do to much I will actually bleed. I am afraid I am going to take the pad off then bleed lol

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some women don't bleed at all, others bleed up to 6 weeks or so.
    I suggest wearing a mini pad because a lot of times it will come back when we've been too active.

Answer by doulala at 2:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2011

• I bled for 2-3 weeks and after that only spotted when I overdid it. Usually by the time I was near 4 weeks even the spotting was gone.

Answer by gemgem at 8:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Between 6 and 8 weeks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I bled for about 2 weeks

Answer by NavyWife301 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• with my last dd I bleed for almost 14 weeks by week 10 the dr on call just put me on birth control pills (even though they are a no no for me cause of my blood clotting disorder) and it seemed to make the bleeding worse, they thought it would help, by week 13 my dr did an ultrasound and found out my unterine lining was only half inch thick and it should've been 2 inches thick which was why I was bleeding so much and the birth control pills were making it worse, so I went on Estrogen and omg I hope to never need that stuff again, I took 1 pill and yes it helped the bleeding finally started slowing down and stopped but I never want those side effects again. but with my other 4 girls the bleeding lasted about 3-4 weeks then stopped.

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• It was a few weeks for me, if I remember right.

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• It is normal to have pp bleeding for up to 8 weeks. With my first I way over did it and didn't realize that was making my bleeding worse. (I guess I was trying to prove something to myself :/) With my second I took it much easier and my pp bleeding was done by 2 weeks.

Answer by reflect1light at 10:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• It's normal to bleed for 6 - 8 weeks. The fact that it's slowing is a good sign. I think I bled for under a month.

Answer by JSD24 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Everyone is different, some people bleed longer, some don't...some it's really heavy in, others its really light in...and of course, everywhere in between.

Answer by Earthy_Mom at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2011

• i bleed 4 6 weeks after i gave birth

Answer by jamie179 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2011