I had me tubes tied after my last bay. That was a little over 3years ago. Now I am 28 days late and have had both + and - tests. I did make a Dr. Appointment but I am afriad of looking foolish If it turns out that I am not pregant. I would like to hear what others think about this. Just want so advice.

trinity29

Asked by trinity29 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've not had my tubes tied. SO was the negative pregnancy test the first one you took and after that, you've had a positive? I'd go with the positive. As many negative tests as I've had, the ONLY positives I have had were right on.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i have always heard with pregnancy test you cant have a false positive!
    jorbear

Answer by jorbear at 10:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• either way dont be afraid of looking foolish drs do this every day. and i had a nurse who had her tubes tied and had two kids after that without getting a reversal. so just let your dr tell you if you want to wait for that. they may do a blood test which is more accurate.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My cousin's wife had an ectopic pregnancy a couple of years after having her tubes done. And I know someone else who got pregnant with triplets just months after her surgery. So yeah, anything's possible.

If you start having pain on one side of the other, get to the ER just to be on the safe side.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have a friend that had her tubes tied and still got pregnant. It is rare, but not unheard of. I would see my doctor. I do not think you would look foolish at all.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008