should I get a playpen?

I have a 6 month old who is starting to wiggle around the house and it makes me nervous because even though I keep a very close eye on him i can't watch him closey 24/7 I have a small house...is it even worth getting a play pen? both sets of grandparents have one at their homes. So is it worth it? I don't want to waste money because it's so tight right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get an exersaucer! Or a walker if you don't have any stairs he can fall down on. That way he can still move and play, and not be confined to that play pen.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• PLUS: They're cheaper than a play pen. =]
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i have a playpen and a saucer. You can find either one much cheaper than in stores on craigslist.org The saucer is really great while she's playing, but when she gets tired she does like to go sit in her playpen and play with different toys. Either one's a great idea!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have a play "yard", I think I spent like 70 on it, but he loves it, and it's pretty useful even now, and he's 17 months! he can run around, play, sleep, and whatever else. We call it his "cage"
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 12:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2008