• In the Spotlight:

Rolling over sleeping questions!!

My six month old used to sleep through the night except for his 5am feeding before getting up around 7am for the day. He goes to bed between 8 and 8:15pm with a 6oz bottle. He has really started to roll around both ways and has recently started to flip onto his stomach while he sleeps. The last couple of nights have been exhausting because he has started to roll all around in his crib while he is sleeping and wakes himself up usually because he has found himself in an uncomfortable position and wants us to move him back in the middle..I think. Will he overcome this and eventually just go back to sleep in any position? Why does he cry out three or four times a night for us after he has rolled over? He sleeps on his back, his side and stomach. Help! Any advice??

lmgibson002

Asked by lmgibson002 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get some wedges for babies. I love mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• IM GOING TROUGH THE SAME THING RIGHT NOW,EXCEPT SHE SLEEPS WITH ME ID REALY HATE TO LET HER SLEEP ON HER BELLY SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER,I LET HER SLEEP ON A PILLOW AND SHE SEEMS TO DO PRETTY GOOD
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• He'll figure out how to get himself moved around. If you don't need to go to him, don't. He'll start sleeping again. It's just something new for him and he has to get used to it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• What are wedges? Where do you get them? I am trying to roll thin blankets up tonight to put back in his crib on both sides of him which is what I used to do when I first put him in his crib. I also put him as far down to the bottom of the crib to see if this helps too. Someone suggested swaddling him but he loves his little hands at night and loves to stroke him face with his "lovey".
    lmgibson002

Answer by lmgibson002 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008