I want to increase my milk supply so I try pumping for 20 minutes or so after my 3 1/2 month old is down for the night. With my first daughter I had no problem pumping even though I really had no need to. Now that I'm heading back to school for 4 or 5 hours a day starting late July, my milk won't let down, even when I feel some in there. Any suggestions to help me let down the milk at night?

My 3 1/2 month old is exclusively breastfed. I am trying to pump with a double breast electric Medela. It isn't working anymore!!

Asked by ksanders at 2:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes you can have letdown without knowing. As for supply what ended up working for me is a bowl of instant oatmeal every morning. I noticed results the next day. Also you can rent a hospital grade pump and that may help, they are more efficient. If you are worried or unsure about supply you can also see a lactation consultant. They can check to see if your lo is getting enough. Hope this helps!

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 2:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• lots of water and i would talk to your dr about a medication you can take to up your supply

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try half a beer.. Brewers yeast is awesome for supply and the beer will help relax you some.

Answer by faeriemamma at 6:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008