May be a stupid question...

But I know that they want you to get petrolium jelly for a little boys circumsision...is there any reason I need it for my baby girl? I'm making a list of the last things we need, and I'm not sure if I need it for a girl?

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I found petrolium jelly to be really useful for diaper rash. It keeps the poo and pee off of the rash so it can heal. Sometimes diaper rash can sneak up on you and I've heard of it being so bad as to bleed (hasn't happened with my kids but you never know).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• you can use it for diaper rash or in my sons case he gets really dry skin especially on his cheeks so it helps. or if you are in such a rush you forget you chapstick it works good on lips! i admit to doing it so many times.
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• petrolium jelly never worked for my girls. I would put it on there rash and it would make it worse, so I ju st never used it again.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yes, its really helpful for dry skin. Its the only thing that works for my baby girl. It also has helped with diaper rash.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2008