I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO TELL MY G-SON WHY HE CANT GO WITH HIS BROTHER TO MOMMYS AND KNOW THE BROTHER BEFOR HIS NAP YESTERDAY TELL 3 YR OLD HA-HA I GO TO MOMMYS 3 YR OLD CRYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL HIM

mom3898

Asked by mom3898 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, why can't he go? If you tell us why, you will help us emensly in trying to help you find a solution to your problem,...and i would pop that brother upside his head for taunting the 3 year old.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• yep-tell us more . but definantly take the 3 yr old aside and tell him he can't go either or another punishment if he ever does that agin. Kids that age understand hurt feelings.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• MOM VOLENTARLY TPR ED ON HIM WE WILL ADOPT HIM IN MARCH.BUT MOM DIDNT ON 5 YR OLD SHE WANTS TO KEEP HIM.THE COUNTY IS GOING TO START TPR IN FEB ON 5TR OLD MOM IS FIGHTING IT HE GETS SSI BUT TILL THEN SHE GETS VISITS WITH 5 YR OLD
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• She won't even let the little one visit? Or, you don't want her to have him in her care? If possible, I would see to it that both are able to visit. Otherwise, you just have to do your best to offer fun alternatives to seeing "Mommy". At least sometimes you could say, "You can't go see Mommy because we have to ____________." Other times, he will just have to be upset. I think the whole situation stinks. And, I have no clue what TPR is.
    mitzicross

Answer by mitzicross at 1:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• TPR IS TERMANATION OF PARENTS RIGHTS. WE CANT LET HIM GO WITH HER AS SHE PLACES THE CHILDREN IN UN SAFE SITUATIONS .THE STATE HAS CUSTODY OF THE 3 YR OLD AS I HAD SAID THE ADOPTION OF THE 3 YR OLD WONT BE UNTILL FEB. OR MARCH.WE DO GO AND DO THINGS BUT HE IS NOW HEARING FROM HIS BROTHER HA HA I GO WITH MOM.SEE THE COUNTY HAS SAY OVER THE 5 YR OLD BROTHER RIGHT NOW
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I suggest you start by calling her by name not by mommy it is small and will not work over night but rejection from jane doe is less painful than rejection from "mommy"next plan something special for the little one while the 5 yr old is at his visits. also I agree that the 5yr old knows better than to tease.next time try saying something like " Billy has to go see Jane but you are going to see ponies with Grandpa. Good luck! hope both are with you full time soon!
    oicmommy

Answer by oicmommy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• WELL 5 YR OLD IS CHALLANGED BUT DOES UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS THE ONE THAT GETS TO GO . I AM SO ANGRY AT THE COUNTY WORKERS BECAUSE IF SHE IS GOING TO LOSE HER RIGHTS TO THE 5 YR OLD ALSO HE SHOULD BE WEENED AWAY INSTEAD OF JUST ONE DAY SAYING YOU CANT GO WITH MOMMY ANYMORE
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Talk to the case worker of the 5 year old. If they are going to do a TPR process then he does have one. Tell them you want supervised visits based on his behavior that he taunts the younger one and that you would like both children to have supervised visits at the office or suggest someone you trust to do the supervising of those visits. This way if mom does not want the hassle she won't show and if she does show she visits both children. Point how it is in the best interest of both children to have access at this time to their mother. Or if they don't agree to have the youngest go to see his mother - have supervised visits with the 5 year old. Don't EVER advertise to the youngest that his brother is going to see mom. Nor do you even tell the 5 year old until you are in the car.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• cont...You don't tell the five year old because one day she may decide not to carry out that visit with him and you don't want the heart break of a broken promise. You think you have problems now...just you wait until that happens. Then see what a mess that is. You have a lot of influence with the case worker, especially if you plan to adopt this child. So do what parents do: ADVOCATE. Be a strong voice and representative. Request for a guardian ad litem if there is not one already. It is his right to have a volunteer guardian ad litem appointed to him. Federal law. Go over the case workers head, go over the supervisor's head...do what you have to for the sake of the children.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• thank you.mom picks him up here.My husband and i have talked to the worker and the gardian gets the team letters they all work together here in this county.They just tell me it is the ickie part of the case.
    mom3898

Answer by mom3898 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008