Have you ever said something and it came true years/months later?

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Back in '86 when I got my senior high school yearbook, there was a picture of a cute guy that I always thought would be the kind of guy I'd like to date. I went on my first date with that same guy about 1.5 months ago, but only realized it was him about 3weeks ago when he pointed out his picture when he was looking through the book. Who knew over 22 years later it would come to be?!? So far so good, too!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 4:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• In 6th grade I wrote a report about Brazil, saying I wanted to visit Rio de Janeiro, and I became a travel agent and then worked for the airlines and did visit when I was 21.
    ashmountainhawk

Answer by ashmountainhawk at 1:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• True story:

Many years ago while dating this guy, we went out for the day to a water park with a group of friends. I brought a really good male friend of mine along. My boyfriend at the time didn't like it and said, "If you want him around so much, why don't you go and marry him?" Guess what? I did. We've been together for close to 14 years now.
    Anonymous

• I told my friend once (after his divorce) that he needed to just find a good women & go have some babies (he didnt have any w/ the ex). About 6 yrs later, he did..with me! yay~happily every after!
    Anonymous

• Yes I wished three years ago we could be financially comfortable and not have to worry about how we were going to pay bills and put food on the table. Today that wish is a reality thanks to my husband and I's hard work and smart decisions.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Way worse: saying the good ol' : "I would NEVER....." do/say/become/act like whatever! Every single time I've felt really good about myself to the point of bragging how "I would never....." blah-blah-blah. EVERY SINGLE TIME, I've been guilty of doing the "whatever" I had just bragged I would never do! Every time! Sometimes in just a couple of days after I said it!!! Took me a number of those before I finally stopped saying that! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• 2541- i agree everytime i say "i would never "guess what i get to what ever it is i said that "i would never do" now i try not to say that either! hahah!
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No, but sometimes when I'm thinking really hard about a song, really wanting to hear it, it comes on the radio. Or when I really want to talk to someone, and five seconds later, they call me. Does that sort of thing count?
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 10:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• not the song part because the radio plays everything at random but the talking to somebody yes because i can think about someone that i have'nt seen for years and just ''run into them '' at the mall.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 5:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2008