How old were your kids when you put a pillow in ther crib?

my son is 10 1/2 months, and sometimes he'll lay down on my bed or on the couch and falls asleep really good with the pillow... i was just wondering if it was too early to put a small pillow in his crib with him or not?

stacey13083

Asked by stacey13083 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think mine were all about that age. As long as they are mobile enough to move the pillow or rearrange themselves if they find they can't breathe with their face in it, then it should be ok.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• im trying to figure that out myself. my son is about to be 11 months in a couple of days n we just got him a new toddler bed and thuoght it would be cute to complete the bed with the pillow but he doesnt like the pillow he is not comfortable with it. and that is that its not a big pillow or anything. maybe hes like his dad and doesnt really care much for one. unlike me, i need like 50 pillows
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It is recommended that pillows not be used in cribs at all. babies sleep so deep that they may not even realize they are breathing into a pillow. my son waas at least 1 and a half and in a toddler bed before he had a pillow. I say why risk it, he is comfy w/o one.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My son is 18 months old and I still haven't given him a pillow. My friend gave her child a pillow at 10 months and her son did fine. I think it is all about personal preference.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No pillows for my kids until they're 2. They did fine without them.
    mistifers

Answer by mistifers at 3:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My son wont fall asleep unless he has a pillow. It worried me to give him one at 5 months but its probably because i co-slept until 5 months with my arm around or under him so he was used to it. Hes 8 months now and is still doing fine. Besides he moves so much in his sleep hes never on the pillow he moves off almost instantly after he falls asleep. He just needs it for the initial laying in the crib. Remember bankets and crib bumpers can cause suffocation too.
    Anonymous

• 26 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2008