We are moving.. should I?

We are moving from a 3 bedroom to a 5 bedroom house and 2 kids share a room now they are 6 & 7 well I want to get them a new bedroom set b/c now they have bunk beds my hubby says we should get them full size beds to grow into Should I? What size beds do your kids have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I grew up with a full, it WAS useful when we had sleepovers (3 of us tiny children fit on it).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I slept in a twin my entire childhood until I moved into my own place. I don't really see the need in anything bigger unless your kids are giant, lol. Do the bunkbeds split apart so they can each have one in their room? That's what we had growing up.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• We live in a 5 bedroom home, and have two boys--now ages 7 and 5. They each have their own rooms with different themes and queen sized beds. One of the beds was our old set, before we moved into our current home, and the other set I got a GREAT "doorbuster" sale price at a local department store--it was a clearance item, and actually cheaper than a twin set.

Since the kids are young they don't need "fancy" extra this or that types of mattress/boxspring, so we should easily get 10+ years out of them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i grew up with a twin. the only reason it would've been nice is when i had sleep overs w/ my friends..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• We only had twins, but then our rooms are fairly small. If you have comfortable room for double beds, go for it. They will work when your children come home with spouses. Another thing to consider, if you have room enough, is to have two twins in each room. This will be nice for when they have sleepovers, and will still work when they bring spouses. Another consideration is that sheets from a twin take up less laundry space and dry quicker than double sheets.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• my son's crib converted to a toddler day bed and then the long side became the headboard for a full sized bed. It has been very convenient for sleepovers
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 6:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I would get them a twin with the bed that slides underneath, I had one and loved it, it was great for when I had friends over, and when I didn't i could put it away for more space.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Our kids have twin size beds, a twin is half of a king, so its plenty roomy. My husband grew up with a full size bed and all it did was teach him to be an inconsiderate bed hog because he never learned to sleep in a limited bed space. Consider doing your future son/daughter in laws a favor and leave your kids in their twin size beds. Plus twin beds take up less space in the room, so that leaves more room to play in.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Twin beds are quite appropriate, but I know my teen daughters would just LOVE to have a full sized bed if we had the money....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2008