What sippy cup to use so it won't drown my baby?

I need something for beginners and with small holes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought one yesterday that is a Gerber, it is made for beginners (7mo +) and it has the stopper on it, so baby only gets fluid if they suck, it won't just pour out, and the mouth piece is soft to help the transition from bottle and/or breast to sippy cup. I got it at our local grocery store on the baby aisle.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I don't know how old your baby is, but I had a similar problem with my son. When he was 6mo old, I started him on one of the straw sippy cups. It took a few tries to get him to suck from a straw, but once he got it it worked great! I didn't have to worry about him tipping the sippy cup and making a huge mess!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I use the straw cups. I feel they are much easier. My hubby sucked up milk into the straw for our daughter and held it closed so she could taste it and has been using it since. She was 8 months when she learned.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I also used the gerber ones with my kids..they had to suck them to get the drink out and the nozzle was rubbery so it didn't hurt them to bite it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I like Wagi brand cups. They are from Walgreens and are 2 for $3. The best cup I've ever used (and we've tried em all) My daughter started getting one at 7 months and is now 1 and does great.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i like the nuby ones
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Nuby. The only one my boys would even use! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• gerber at walmart its like 7 $ for two and they have great tips on them there chewing not hard
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• the nuk ones work pretty good for transitioning the top is made just like a nipple
    sweetdragoness

Answer by sweetdragoness at 3:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• the only sippy cups my son will use are the Born Free ones. They are BPA free (a chemical that can leech into your child's beverage) and have an extra piece inside to control the flow. They make them in 6+ months and 9+ months... theyre a little expensive but I think they are worth it.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 3:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008