Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you escape a bad relationship, when you havent worked in years, you have 2 kids, and no family?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • I think the best thing to do might be opening a daycare. Especially if you have your own place. The permit is easy to get and you do not need a lot of money to get started. I don't know how old your children are but it's a great way to stay home and take care of them if they are young. I know a lot of single mons that make really good money from their daycare and do not need help from anyone. By the way some apartments allow you to have a daycare business if you do not own a house. There are also some gov't agencies that provide help to moms in need. I think you should check wth your local social services to see what type of help is available. You should not stay in a bad relationship just because you do not have a job. There are ways if you really look around. Good luck to you.

    Answer by Prwdmommy at 11:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • escape as in flee an abusive relationship? If so, call the local domestic violence shelter or 1-800-799-7233 or go to and see what they can do to help you get a place to live and train you for a job and get you daycare and on your feet. If he's not abusive then go to the Section 8 housing agency and get on their waiting list for a home and call a temporary agency to see what jobs they have available. Some skills needed for jobs never change even after many years (answering phones, taking money, filing papers, etc) Good luck.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.