Stressing a bit.

so my son will start kindergarten on the 7th of sept which is a little less than a week and half away.. but our schedules have become s ohectic they go to the sitters tuesday wend and thursday from morning until like 11 o'clock at night i am worried that getting home at 11 o'clock at night will make it hard for him to get up in the morning once he starts to school.. :(
its only three nights in the middle of the week.. :(

Supermommy1129

Asked by Supermommy1129 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 25, 2011 in

• It might be a little rough, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I would have the sitter go ahead and put him in his jammies and let him go to sleep. Then you can carry him in and put him in his bed.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• it shouldn't be too bad if the sitter is able to get him to sleep by around 8 or 9
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:25 AM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Whoa. I know I will get a lot of nastiness from most people for saying this but- imho- you need to reorganize your priorities. Re-arrange your schedule completely to put your child's best interest first. If you have to switch jobs or make financial sacrifices- do it. It is not even remotely fair to expect your little one to cope with being up that late for over half of his school week. His school performance will suffer. You are setting him up for all sorts of behavioral and learning problems- all of which would be totally avoidable if you would just change the way you are living. And I say this not only as a mother of 3 but as a special ed teacher who saw far too many kids pushed into getting special ed services which wouldn't have been necessary if their parents had just provided a child-centered environment at home.
    mama_dearie

Answer by mama_dearie at 7:56 AM on Aug. 26, 2011

• Can you not get a sitter to come to your house, so he could go ahead and get in bed and go to sleep at a decent hour?

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• i get off of school at 1030 my husband gets off work at 10 he waits for me then we go get the kids since his job is down the street from me.. his schedule recentely changed he use to have decent hours but now they have messed up his schedule super bad.. i know it'll affect him thats why i am stressing out on how we will make this work..
    Supermommy1129

Comment by Supermommy1129 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

• I think Kami has the best advice, given the situation. Have the babysitter do the same bedtime routine you do. He can go ahead and go to sleep. Then just do your best to keep him asleep when you get there. It will work out hon, don't stress too much!
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• Put him to sleep at the sitters. I keep my niece on school nights and my sister picked her up at midnight. She was always in bed by 9.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• Have him in bed at the sitters
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 11:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• I do agree....11 is very late for that age. and in the middle of the week? I would look to finding other arrangements.
    donegal11

Answer by donegal11 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 29, 2011