Is a thesis written for a BA degree?

i have heard yes and no so which is it? my major is social/behavioral science. how hard is doing a BA thesis if it exists?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2011 in

• I didn't have to do one. Graduation requirements should be cited in your college catalog.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I had to do one for my literature degree; I had a "Senior Thesis" course to go with it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• It depends on the program and with many programs you can choose to right one or not. I got my BA in Sociology and while I didn't have a Senior Thesis I did have a Research that I had to complete for my senior courses
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• what are you doing with that BA tntmom? I may go that way too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I have a double concentration in Criminology and then one in Inequality and social Justice as well as a certificate in Forensic science, so I have been applying to(just graduate in May this year) jobs in Non profits working with troubled youth(or homeless youth) as well as the homeless. But also jobs in the forensic science.

Right now I have my own distract office for Bail Bonds with a larger company.

I am going to be going on for my Masters in sociology(just have to be able to afford it first or get a teaching/research assistantship)

It's a broad degree and can be used for many things.

What is your ultimate job goal?(dream job)
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• impressive! I would love to work with children perhaps as a social worker or even juvenile probation. I am currently only in my 3rd semester of my AA degree though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• I did not need to write a thesis for my BA in Education.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• If you want to work as a social worker I advice a BA in social work, my SIL is a social worker and she got her job by doing an internship her last year of getting her BA. For Probabtion a Social/Crim or a Criminal Justice degree is best but also do any internship with a probabtion office. A friend of mine was doing her's with the Federal Probation Office, it was more like an unpaid full time job but she is pretty much gauranteed a job if she does well...its also a year long internship.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2011

• Traditionally a real thesis is not written for any BA degree. Some schools may require a large research project or presentation but it's not normally considered a full thesis in academic circles.
    mama_dearie

Answer by mama_dearie at 7:50 AM on Aug. 26, 2011

• The college i plan to attend does not offer a BA in social work, only an MA. A BA in sociology is offered though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2011

Next question in
Stressing a bit.