I need some help on this...

My son used to sleep through the night. But now he wakes up at least 3-4 times. I think it's from his teething. Does anyone have any advice on how I can help him sleep through the night again? Alot of his teeth are coming in at once. Any advice would be appreciated.

HuntersMom4908

Asked by HuntersMom4908 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just gave my DD fever/pain reducer. She got slammed when teething. I heard they sell teething tablets but never used them.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I agree with the fever/pain reducer or you can also try baby Oragel.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Let baby gnaw on a frozen bagel or waffle before going to bed, and I also leave a teething ring in her bed so if she wakes she can soothe herself with that. oragel works, but I don't useit if bby is already in bed. I only giveit to her when I know she will be upright for about 20 minutes b/c I read they keep swallowing the gel and it can numb their tongue and gag reflex, which can cause difficulty breathing.
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 2:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I've used Hyland's Teething Tablets. They're worth it.
    mistifers

Answer by mistifers at 3:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My little guy hated the oragel! he would get so upset everytime I tried to use it. We got by with using the fever/pain reducer and giving him a pacifier.
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 3:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Teething tablets are a godsend. I agree with mistifers. They are sold at Walgreens.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 3:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Co-sleep..
    And remember - it's normal for babies to wake up during the night, particularly for comfort feedings during stressful times. There is no reason to feel your child is abnormal for doing this, or that s/he needs to sleep right through.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Orajel did NOT work on my kiddo; she just cried! I like the Hyland's tablets because they have a little bit of chamomile and that helps them sleep. Just give them one or two at a time and wait for her to rub her eyes or get sleepy. If after 15 minutes she hasn't gotten more sleepy, give her one more.
    Irritability comes from lack of sleep just as much as teething, and that's the cycle we were in for a while before I realized all this.
    Also, an hour before you put her to bed, feed her, then just before bed, feed her, and that will keep her belly fuller longer. Solids work better than formula or breastmilk. Good luck, Mama!
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I recommend that you try anything you plan on giving your child. Try orajel. It's gross and if you try it once you'll never want to give it to your child again. Try teething tabs. They don't taste bad and they relieve pain instantly (try it on your own toothache).  Also pain relievers are a good idea.  The effect lasts longer than the teething tabs. 

Remember, all children are different and some just don't deal with teething well.  Do your best to figure out what works best for your child and stick with it.

Butterflyechick

Answer by Butterflyechick at 5:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If he is teething real bad and nothing else works rub a little rum or whiskey on his gums with your finger, it's instant relief so he will sleep better.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008