how many of you who asked advice about your relationship took to heart the advice that was given to you?

like if you have a really bad relationship and you asked on here if you should leave him.
Did you leave if most of the answers were telling you to?
whatever the advice was did you take it?
you can stay anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• yes even when the answers were harsh & i didnt want to hear it. the opinions were the most truthful because it came from people who didnt know me & wasnt afraid of hurting my feelings...which sometimes is exactly what we(I) need to hear.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• ditto
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• YES, I WEIGHED MY OPTIONS. AND TOOK EVERY BIT OF ADVICE SERIOUSLY. I LOVE MY CAFEMOM. IT IS WONDERFUL. LOTS OF WONDERFUL HEADS THINKING TO HELP ONEANOTHER. IT IS A FAMILY THAT DOESN'T JUDGE TO HARSHLY BUT LETS YOU KNOW THE TRUTH. THANKS LADIES! BIG HUG!
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 4:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I believe people leave when they are ready to. And the fact that they are asking for help is the first step. They may not leave right away, but they have a lot of good information to help them think things through. It's not easy to just leave.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If I ask then I take the advice to heart. I consider it because I am looking for an objective point of view. Sympathy is nice but sometimes a kick in the pants or a reality check is nicer. Ultimately, I use the advice to make my own decision about the situation if I think it was good advice. Once a woman here talked to me about getting a divorce. Some of what she said made me realize I needed to get my act together and not expect my husband to meet all of my needs. She shared how that was an unrealistic expectation she had the first time around. She did end up happy with the second husband though so I still consider all of what she said. She wasn't judgemental but she was honest and left the decision up to me.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I've taken the advice given to me before. The advice I was getting from people in my life was to do what my heart told me because they didn't want kick back of me going against what they said. On CafeMom here they'll tell you straight up what they think and a couple of times I've been tempted to go back to my ex when he started sweet talking me, but I came here for advice, got a good kick in the pants from the ladies on here, realized they were right and told him to forget about it. Definitly a good thing I did too, he's such a loser.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Seriously, I never believe in cutting the ties, because I'm a naiive romantic; love conquers all.
    So yes, I've heeded my own advice, even though I get BLOODY PISSED at my husband from time to time.

We women take our lives for granted... and WE have the power to make our lives better.

But if one of us is getting beat or demeaned or held captive, that's when I give the advice TO GET THE HELLL OUT, obviously. and if that were to happen to me, I'd follow my own advice, absolutely.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 6:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Ooops I didn't answer the question that was asked above, but I'm going to still keep it on here. I've never asked 'if I should leave my husband, becuase I'm not on here to rag about him. That's not what I use my CM for.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 6:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2008