I need help....

My baby daddy is always making the decisons now that we are broken up. We agreed that he would bring them back on a certain day because I have been sick and asked him to take them for a little while longer. Last time her was sick I kept them so he could rest and now he says he is sick again and that I have to take them just because he is sick. Now he is threatning to sew me for money that I apparently owe him because his insurance doesnt cover copays and stuff like that. He says i owe him money that i dont have... what do i do i need to find a lawyer and get full custody of my sons because he only takes them when its convient for him and his gf i really need some help..... anyone kno what to do ?

Cole_monster

Asked by Cole_monster at 3:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• Before you do anything you need to look into the laws in your State about this stuff. Check what you have to do to get full custody, because there's a good chance you'd just be wasting everyone's time and money. Every State has guidelines you must meet, and they're pretty tough.

Do you have a custody agreement that says you're responsible for any part of the copay? If you do, he will get a judgement awarded against you if he takes it to court. If you don't, then it will be up to the judge if you do or don't have to pay it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• You answered your own question...you need to get a lawyer.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• you can file at the courts for a custody and visitation hearing so all will be layed out.
    also you dont owe for co-pays,if that were the case my sons father would owe me TONS!! lol
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Not true. My custody agreement states that my ex and I are each 50% responsible for any medical not covered by insurance. That includes copays. That fact that I got it into my agreement, and you didn't get it into yours has no bearing on the OP. The only thing that matters if she has one and what it says.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2008