Does anyone use nova ring birth control? Im trying to decide between nuva ring and miruena.

What type is most effective?

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• I tried the nuva ring. I had it in for 2 days and got sharp shooting pain down my legs when I worked out... not sure if it happens to others but didnt work so well with me :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i have the Mirena and i love it if your desiding not to have another baby for a while it dont hurt and it last for a long time with no worries! the good thing is no periods and dont have to worry every mounth!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 10:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I tried the NuvaRing,but it got lost somewhere. After the 3 weeks, I went to take it out, and I couldn't find it. I called the dr, worrying that it was lost inside somewhere, and they did an exam, and they couldn't find it either. Never tried it again.
    hopingfor5

Answer by hopingfor5 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Yeah, Ive tried them all.....The NuvaRing before the Mirena, but I didnt realy like the NuvaRing because I seemed to keep getting Yeast Infections while I used it (3 or 4 months) before deciding on the Mirena instead, I never really had any problems with it, except the removal (as the first nurse practicitioner wasnt the best at removing them and couldt find it, but went back to the DR that place it in and he got it out in 2.5 seconds...lol!) And yeah, as the other girl said, I ended up having no periods and just an occasional (like 2-3 times a year) spotting...lol
    momofmn

Answer by momofmn at 11:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Iv used the nuva ring with no problems what so ever. but thats just me. as the other girls have said it can cause yeast infection bc it is inserted i got one my second or third moth on the ring but that was the only one. also the shooting pains can be caused by blood clots when useing the ring near high pollution or smoke. ill spot a little every month at that time but it only ever lasts a few hours (usually stops befor i realize its happened). i dont think ill ever try mirena just bc i dont think i can trust something like this to last for 5 years lol
    Miss_Yoshie

Answer by Miss_Yoshie at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i'm going on my 3rd month on nuvaring and so far i like it. i was also considering mirena but my doc said he had a patient that had lost hers in her. it actually punctured out of her uterus. that changed my mind immed. lol plus ring is comfortable cant even feel it and u can leave it in for up to 4 wks.
    angelmommy08

Answer by angelmommy08 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I just got off of nuvaring after being on it for almost 2 years. I absolutely love it and it's one of the only birthcontrol I'd really use especially since we werent' sure when we want to start TTC. After we have another baby though I will be getting an IUD like the Mirena.
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 2:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• sryle

Answer by sryle at 2:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2008

• i was on the ring from Feb 08 to Sept 08...got off it to TTC...got ph in Nov 08...had an early miscarriage (chemical) and then we decided we are done with kids...so I get back on nuva ring on sunday...never had any of the yeast infection problems...or leg pains...and my period on the no ring week was always wednesday-saturday or sunday...very predictable...now I will be going back on it and staying on it until I can get my tubes tied (age 27 here...I am only 23 1/2) so unless I have problems with it I will continue to be on it for 3 1/2 years...or so..
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i am on nuva ring right now. this is my first full week and im not sure if i like it! I have had swelling and yeast infection already. not sure if a different bc is going to work better . i used Mirena before and i hated that!
    tishytashy22

Answer by tishytashy22 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010