Is anybody a House Keeper?

Does anybody clean houses for a living? If so do you clean for a company or on your own. Do you do it by yourself or with a friend/partner/sister. Do you charge by the hour or the job. Do you bring your own supplies our does your client supply them....

Just wondering

FitnFunMom

Asked by FitnFunMom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• this is a really good job to manage as a stay at home job. all jobs take you out of the house now & then. i have a friend who contact construction builders of homes & remodels. she & hers on started the construction sight clean ups...now she just stays at home answers the phone, sets up appointments, contracts out the jobs, collects the money & pay someone else to do the dirty work for her. Good idea! construction is down right now due to the economy, but you get the idea. she also contracts out cleaning of offices. there is a wide range on housekeeping...good idea! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I clean by myself,the home owners buy the cleaning supplies,and I get paid hourly.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• The client normally supplies the product, and I charge $15 a room. and do it by myself.. mostly for family members (i have a lot of disabled family members who want someone they can trust to clean there homes)
    Anonymous

• I am not technically a housekeeper, but I did for a while clean a woman's house. She offered me $10/hr. (Her house was enormous and there was a lot of daily organizational tasks for me to accomplish) She had all the cleaning supplies on hand, and sometimes she even stayed home and helped. My mother used to own a cleaning business, and she had a van with all the necessary supplies, so I guess it is all preference. Hope that helped a little.
    KristiTurgeon

Answer by KristiTurgeon at 7:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My mother has been a house keeper for years. I used to work for her. Each house was different as far as cleanners. She had the basic stuff but most people had cleasers they prefered so they would provide them. She would only take a vacume to the houses that didn't have one or who's vacume was to big for her. She priced all houses by the job. In the begining she made less per hour but as she learns the house and gets faster she ends up making on average of $12 an hour. She technically owns the cleaning company - but she's usually the only one working so it's not like she has employees. Hope this helps!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008