ok i have a 2 year old son and i was thinking about haing another one but iam kinda young should i? And should i worry about what people think?

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 10:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It only matters what you think and since you yourself said you are kinda young then maybe you should wait. I don't know how old you are or anything else about you but the fact that you are asking should tell you to wait awhile until you are 100% sure
    bearyleaf

Answer by bearyleaf at 11:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I also have a 2 year old son, and I am 19. My Fiance and I are trying to have another baby. At first I thought people would be judgemental and I was worried about what they would think or say. But my fiance and I are finacially stable, in a committed relationship and we're ready! So I finally realized it's no one elses business what we do with OUR family. You can't live your life based on what other people think or say. If they don't like the choices you make for your family then you don't need them in your life (unless its a choice thats putting your or your child in danger of course.) So if you and the dad-to-be are ready and want another child Go For It!! Don't worry what other people thing!
    JeccaBug

Answer by JeccaBug at 11:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Well... I always say that if a woman waits for the "right time" or "when we can afford it" to get married or have a baby, you'll never do it. If you really think this is what you want, go for it! Definitely don't worry about what other people will think. A lot of people plan their children to be 2-3 years apart, so I think it's a pretty common thing. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I was going to ask "how young" but I checked out your profile first - 16 - yeah I'd wait lol You have SO much life ahead of you. I'm sure you know how much time and attention a little one takes. Enjoy being young for a bit. Personally I'd suggest waiting another 2-4 yrs, finish school, go to college, get married, then have another :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• People will judge you no matter what you do. I'm 27 and my friends think I'm "too young" to have 1 kid! You have to do what's right for you, but I must say, I"ve witnessed my sister try to take care of two kids as a single mother and she has an extremely hard time. She's trying to go back to school but is way to exhausted to even try. When she had just one it was much easier on her and the rest of our family.
    Anonymous

• I am going through the same thoughts as well but I've decided to shake it off.... if you are ready for another baby then have one!
    BeansnBeans

Answer by BeansnBeans at 1:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008