Stress related contractions...

I've been extremely stressed out since Wednesday. On Thursday I was having braxton hicks that were noticable but nothing to be concerned about since I've been having them for almost 8 weeks. Since Friday though when I've actually been able to really think about and deal with my situation I've been having painful contractions on and off. Usually only when I've been crying or thinking about things too much, but they feel more than just BH's. I've been reading up online and nothing really shows that I should be calling my doctor because they come and go. In an hour the most I've had is 5. Should I be calling just to make sure? Anyone else ever had stress related contractions or know anything about them? Btw I'm 22 weeks today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You need to REST REST REST and drink LOTS of water. I had a lot of stress early on and went into preterm labor at 24 weeks, they luckily stopped it, but I was put on complete bed rest up until just four weeks ago. I would call your OB too, just in case. He may want you to go get checked just in case.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008