i am pissed!!

ok so we left to go to grandmas house on christmas eve early in the morning and we left the house a mess ONLY BECAUSE my dh promised to help me when we got home. Usaully i clean before but we had guests and they left late the night before. So we got home late last night so we just went to sleep. well this morning his buddy called and he invited him over and my dh did half the dishes and took off with his friend! the house is a mess our son is sick and he lied to me!!!! he knows i need help! i m thinking of just bundling up my son and taking off too! what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Take off and scedule it for tomorrow. haha
    Anonymous

• Do what feels right to you. My hubby would never get away with this but he would never do this either.... Hope you figure this out! Good Luck!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 4:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Leave the half you don't want to do for him when he gets home!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I agree with the first poster- enjoy the holidays.
    You've been busy. You're no doubt tired and uninterested in cleaning.. So let it slide until tomorrow.. Go have some fun. Enjoy the last day of the weekend.
    If DH has to go back to work tomorrow- well, tonight's the night for him to do his part. He can clean the kitchen and tidy up the livingroom while you put the kiddos to bed.. You can do the rest in the morning.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No, don't take off. Stay and do the cleaning as much as you can and still care for your sick child, although there's not many places that you should take a sick child really. Stay home. Care for the sick little one. Clean up as you can. Your husband isn't being fair, really, but marriage takes work, and this is one of those times that you are the one needing to do the work. After he gets home and you have greeted him nicely and asked him about his day, ask him if he would take over caring for the sick child now and let you go out or get a bubble bath or just sit and read or watch TV.

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• bmat is right

Answer by admckenzie at 4:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If it were me, I'd fantasize about leaving with the kiddo, and probably do what Bmat says only not greet him nicely. I'd address my anger, and then tell him he owes me... LMAO
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• This is not a big deal. Just suck it up. Save your madness for a real fight.
    Anonymous

• I would be pissed. I would still stay home and take care of the lil one and do the cleaning. But after he gets home I would talk to him. Its not fair that he gets to enjoy the holidays and your stuck at home. Hopefully he will understand and help you out next time.
    kmstanfo

Answer by kmstanfo at 8:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• things like this have happened to me before and when i feel like im getting upset of something as silly as cleaning i try to think about all the people that dont even have a house to live in at all, or the women that get beat by their husbands daily, stuff like that

it puts me back in my place and realize that shit isnt worth getting that upset over. its no big deal. clean the house and when your man gets home tell him he owes you a damn good foot massage for the slack you picked up
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2008