Do you think it's wrong to "try" to get pregnant?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• what do you mean with "try"?!

if you can afford a child and you and your SO want a child, then go for it
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I think that would be the best way to do it... If you are going to bring a child into the world, it deserves to have been intentional. That being said, plenty of children aren't tried for and are very much loved and cared for. I know some people do natural family planning... Or some women "try to get pregnant" for inappropriate reasons. It depends on what exactly you are asking.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Depends...if you mean a married couple who want a child, then of course they should...if you mean a woman who wants to get pregnant to keep a man, then no.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Do you mean trick him? Please don't. Ask him if he wants to become a Father. Reverse the roles for a moment. How would you like if a man teased you into the sack and you owe him for the rest of your life, half of everything you make, all of your spare time?
    If he resents you, it's your own fault, and now you will have that for Karma.
    Anyway, do you even like this guy? Tricking on something this big doesn't make that impression!
    You are a good girl to inquire before doing such a dangerous thing.
    If the damage is done, do your best to be kind to him?
    KimPepperoni

Answer by KimPepperoni at 4:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I want to hear from the people who say, "we weren't trying but we weren't trying to prevent it either." If that is your mentality, then I believe you are against "trying" for whatever reason because whether you can admit it or not you actually are TRYING! What makes people this way?
    Anonymous

• We weren't trying because we were planning on trying at the beginning of the year. We weren't trying not to because... we were going to be trying at the beginning of the year anyway. I was bf with no period and my husband had been away training for three months. Trust me, we weren't "not trying" but we certainly weren't at all upset when we found out we were pregnant withour third :)  A little surprised maybe, lol, but not upset.  As far as people saying that, as long as they aren't upset what is the problem?

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• As long as the man know that is what you is trying to do and you can afford to take care of the child I think it is OK. Oh, and if you is an adult and not one of these teenagers that is trying to keep their boyfriend.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what you mean by "try".

Me and hubby tried for almost a year with no luck. Then our marriage hit the rocks and we stopped trying. A month later I wound up pregnant and it literally saved our marriage and brought us back together. At that point, we were no longer trying, but it was the best thing that could have happened.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I dont agree with trying to get pregnant...I feel that you will jinx it if you TRY...
    Anonymous

• I think ideally everyone should 'try' to get pregnant if they can afford it, and afford the room and love.

Even though both of ours weren't as the result of 'trying'....

We were not 'being careful' for a reason; we wanted to have children right away!

Now we are being careful because we have our hands full, and we only have two. I threw an IUD in after our second. If we were to ever get pregnant again I would be happy, but we'd be financially strapped!!!
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008