How are you dealing?

Finacially, how are people dealing with all the current job loses? I know A LOT of people blaming those that are losing so much on those same people. I some cases I understand, i most however I find it rude and ignorant. Yes, for those that bought a house beyond what they made, and cars, etc. It is their own faults. For those that were hard working and lived by their means and lost there jobs, or became disabled though, like myself, I feel for you. It was NOT our fault, and, I want to know how you are coping and dealing with your situation. Myself, I lost my job (due to lay offs) and where I live there aren't even opening at a McDonalds, that's how bad job finding around here is. I have been looking day in and day out for a job since I lost my job in Sept.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah you do have to have a family care plan. I know there are certain jobs in the Army that are more likely to be stateside than others... And things like Reserves would give you more civilian time at home. But on the other hand her health insurance and your housing would be paid for :) I guess I am a bit of a fanatic about it. There certainly are rough things... I can't imagine being the one leaving and it is hard when he has to go. But there are some great benefits otherwise.... Either way I hope you find some relief soon! Good Luck!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Were dealing pretty well actually. My dh lost his job in June and no one is hiring at the moment. It was also due to lay-offs. But we had several months of savings put back so we have been alright. He has a few jobs leads for after the first of the year & I graduate from college in 15 weeks so I should be able to find a job myself since I will have a degree. We knew in 04 when I was pregnant and the first round of lay offs left us living at his moms that we had to save save save, so we did.

Answer by gemgem at 4:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• its very hard... i've been looking for a job forever and im hoping now that we moved to a different area it will be better but day care is an issue for me now....

i would just say keep looking, go thru a temp service, u can become permenmant if u work for a couple months and they like you.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I have, and they don't have anything open in my area either. lol. I guess mostly I'm just venting at some of the other moms who blame us for our own problems when sometimes life just gives you bad apples... I am going to college in the spring, and moved back with my folks and work for them part time to pay for food and boarding. but I just want to know how other mothers are diong that are in my situation. If they feel just as hurt by such remarks.
    Anonymous

• We are actually doing very well , but I don't think the economy problems have really hit our neck of the woods.
    Anonymous

• Would you be interested or eligible to enlist? Just a thought. My husband is in and we are very stable... It's nice because I do see the difficult times going on around us. I hear ya on the ones who didn't do anything wrong having to pay the price. There were PLENTY that borrowed out of their means, and plenty trying to talk people into it... but after a while it all dominoes over and even those doing the right thing are left high and dry :(

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• No Im not hurt by any comments I see. I know sometimes people dont have the ability to understand simply because they havent experienced what someone else might be going through. And like I said we are coping well and really have more or had more then most people who were laid off because we were prepared. I think thats the key really to these kinds of situation. My parents always told me to save and I never listened until I ended up living with my inlaws and hated it. That really put me and dh in a position to insure we werent in that situation again.

Answer by gemgem at 5:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I can't really enlist, I would have noone to take care of my daughter. I'm a single parent with no real help from her dad. THAT was my mistake. The rest, like I said, I'm working on fixing it all, but it will take time and I will come out of it/
    Anonymous

• My husband makes $57k a year we have a $85k house so are you saying that if he lost his job that would be our fault that we bought to high of a house ,,,please ..stop judging you are not the only one with problems....you did not expect your lay off did you well we didnt when we financed our house just off your hater high horse ...

Anonymous

• Anon the reference is to those making that much that took out a 200000 dollar loan with an ARM. Or those who did interest only for the purpose of having a loan that high with only 400 dollar a month payments. It sounds good at the time... but then the other loans start failing, the ARM goes through the roof and people start having trouble because what used to be 400 a month becomes 9, kwim? It isnt' their fault that the loan goes up, but someone has to take responsibility for a loan where the payments can do that...

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2008