Baby food

I just started giving my son baby food, (i did the three day test with them all) I wanted to know what and how much do you feed your child at this age he is 6mo, I breast feed at night and morning and give him about a 1/4 cup of rice and a 1/2 jar of veg for lunch and a 1/4 cup rice and a 1/2 jar of fruit for dinner.
how did you feed your 6 mo old and any advice would be helpful as dr says no right or wrong way,,o also what beverage and how much did you give.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is also 6 months old (will be on July 24th), and this is our routine: breastfeed through the night, 4 oz bottle around 7:00, 3 tablespoons rice cereal & 1/2 jar fruit for breakfast (8:30 or 9), another 4 oz bottle around 11:00, 1/2 jar fruit & 1/2 jar veggie for lunch (12:30), 4 oz bottle about 3:30, 1/2 jar fruit & 1/2 jar veggie for supper (5:30), 4 oz bottle around 7:30

He's a piggy, apparently! He has water to drink throughout the day. We tried diluting juice with it, but he hates it!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• At 6 months my son usually ate rice cereal in the morning and about 1/2 a jar of veg and 1/2 of a fruit for lunch and dinner. Sometimes more sometimes less. He also took formula sometimes throughout the day ecspeically if he didn't eat much. It really just depended on him. For a beverage I usually gave him the gerber juice mixed with a little water. They now actually have a juice out I believe it's called Splasher or something like that its a more diluted juice so that it doesn't strangle the baby like juice does sometimes. Hope I was helpful!
    JeccaBug

Answer by JeccaBug at 11:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Oh I should probably add that he has been on babyfood since he was 4 months, though. We slowly built up to this much. I started off only giving him breakfast for a week or so, then added lunch for a few weeks, and now we do supper too.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My daughter has been eating baby food since she was 3 1/2 months maybe less but she will eat a whole tub and another and another. I let her eat until she is full and she is perfectly healthy.
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 10:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008